Cookbook:Malai Mixed Vegetable
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Malai Mixed Vegetable|
Malai mixed vegetable, is a creamy side dish for Indian bread.
- 3 green capsicums (bell peppers)
- 1 each orange, yellow and red capsicums
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 Tbs sour cream
- 1 quart whipping cream
- cashew nuts – for garnishing and paste (can be omitted for calorie-conscious people)
- 4 large tomatoes
- 3-4 green chillies (depending on spice requirement)
- dried parsley and cilantro
- garam masala
- red chilli powder
- 1 cup paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
- 1 Tbs butter or oil
- salt to taste
- cilantro for garnishing
- Cut the bell peppers into half-inch pieces.
- Chop the green chillies into fine pieces.
- Sauté paneer until golden brown; set aside.
- Soak a handful of cashew nuts in warm water for the creamy paste.
- Grind the tomatoes and the soaked cashew into a fine paste. Keep this paste aside.
- Sauté the chopped vegetables, green chillies, and dried parsley in the butter/oil until they are cooked. You could also microwave the vegetables for ~10 minutes without water, and then sauté them in butter for a minute.
- Add the tomato paste to the vegetables and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garam masala, red chilli powder, salt and turmeric according to taste; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream and the sour cream and let it cook until the cream thickens.
- Add the paneer and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and cashew nuts.
- Serve hot with naan or roti (Indian breads)
Notes, tips and variations
- You could choose other vegetables like zucchini or broccoli if you like.
Other recipes by this author