Müsli is a German cereal mix that is often oat based with dried fruits. Although it can be bought in several flavors this is the recipe to make it yourself.
- 3 cups (720g) rolled oats
- 2 cups (480g) coarse oat bran
- 3/4 cup (180g) unsweetened (dried) coconut
- 1/3 cup (80g) currants
- 1/3 cup (80g) golden raisins
- 1/4 cup (60g) chopped dried mangoes
- 1/3 cup (80g) chopped dried apples
- 1/3 cup (80g) chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup (120g) chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup (60g) chopped raw cashew nuts
- 1/3 cup (80g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup (80g) sunflower seeds (shelled)
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, then transfer to an airtight container to store. Serve with milk, yogurt, honey or berries. Will keep for up to a month in airtight container.
Makes 4 pounds (1.8kg)