|Category||Stir fry recipes|
This recipe is very flexible. Add what ever ingredients you think will fit. A popular combination is pork with water chestnuts and asparagus. Stir fry style meats and vegetables simple means the ingredients are cut to small pieces which are slightly smaller than bit size and a perfect for pan frying.
- 1 part Stir Fry Meat (pork, beef, shrimp...)
- 1 part Stir Fry Vegetables (water chestnuts, asparagus, broccoli, squash, bamboo shoots...)
- 1 part cooked Lo Mein Noodles (Spaghetti noodles work well too. For a healthier option, try whole grain spaghetti noodles.)
- Enough Soy Sauce to heavily coat all the ingredients.
- Enough olive oil to coat a skillet.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Crushed/Chopped Garlic
- Bean sprouts
- Skillet - Large enough for desired amount of ingredients.
- Pot and strainer - Large enough for noodle preparation.
- Stirring Utensil - Tongs, wooden spoon...
- Cook noodles in a pot according to directions.
- Coat a skillet with olive oil and place on stove with medium to low heat (add garlic if desired).
- Add meat and vegetables to skillet, season with salt and pepper, lightly coat with soy sauce, and cook everything until it's done; about 8-10 min. (Optional: Right before everything is finished cooking add bean sprouts and cook until they turn mildly translucent.)
- Strain noodles and add them to the stir fry.
- Coat with soy sauce and cook for roughly 1 minute in order to sear in the flavor. (Tip: When adding the soy sauce, start out light...taste and then add more. It's much easier to add ingredients than removing them.)