Cookbook:Lemon Puddings (Baked)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Lemon Puddings (Baked)|
This recipe is adapted from the public domain cookbook Seventy-Five Receipts for Pastry, Cakes, and Sweetmeats.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup (110 g/3.9 oz) caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1 stick (125 g/4.4 oz) unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- ½ cup (60 ml/2 fl oz) white wine
- ¼ cup (60 ml/2.0 US fl oz) brandy
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 sheet (450 g/16 oz) ready-rolled puff pastry
- All-purpose flour for dusting
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (356 °F).
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, then the wine and brandy.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Grease a ovenproof bowl. Unroll the pastry on a floured surface.
- Cut out a circle just large enough to cover the surface of the bowl, and line the bowl with pastry.
- Pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is a light brown in color.
- Take the pudding out of the oven and leave it to cool.
- Dust the pudding with a little extra sugar.