Cookbook:Lekhchef (Algerian Raisin Drink)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Lekhchef (Algerian Raisin Drink)|
Lekhchef (الخشاف) is a refreshing Algerian drink from Constantine.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 L water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 150 g raisins, rinsed well
- Sugar to taste
- Orange blossom water
- Rose water
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the water and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add the raisins to the boiling water, and simmer over low heat.
- Sweeten drink to taste with sugar, and stir over very low heat to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from the heat, remove the cinnamon sticks, and let the drink completely cool down.
- Flavour with orange blossom water and rose water.
- Put the beverage in the refrigerator and serve very cold with or without raisins.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- If you decide to blend the final mixture, do not add sugar, as your drink might end up too sweet.