Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lekhchef (الخشاف) is a refreshing Algerian drink from Constantine.
- 150g of raisins
- 1l of water
- 1 glass of orange blossom water
- a little of rose water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Sugar to taste
- Put the water in a saucepan with the cinnamon sticks, rinse the raisins well.
- Pour the raisins into the boiling water and let them cook on low heat.
- Once cooked, sweeten drink to taste and let the sugar melt on very low heat while stirring.
- IF you decide to use the blender after cooking your raisins, do not add sugar as your drink might end up too sweet.
- Remove from the heat, remove the cinnamon sticks and let the drink completely cool down.
- Flavour with orange blossom water and enhance with rose water.
- Put the beverage in the refrigerator and serve very cold with or without raisins.