Jump to navigation Jump to search
Korean shortribs or bulgogi is a kind of Korean barbecue, using shortribs that have been marinated in soy sauce, scallion, ginger, chiles, garlic, and sesame oil. The marinated meat is then slow-grilled or baked.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 12 English-cut beef shortribs
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 scallions
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 1/2 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbs minced ginger
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 Thai bird chiles, stemmed
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine all ingredients except meat in your blender until smooth. Pour into a gallon size zip-top bag and add shortribs. Toss to coat and refrigerate overnight. This will not tenderize it, however.
- Preheat grill to 225-300 degrees F. Add shortribs and cover. Cook 5 hours or until meat falls right off the bone and is extremely tender. Serve immediately.