Kipspek, which literally translates into "chickenbacon" is a very easy snack that they used to make in the restaurant my mother managed.
- 1 or 2 chicken breasts (cubed)
- bacon (in strips)
- black pepper
- 1 or 2 eggs
- breadcrumbs (These breadcrumbs should be very fine, almost like a powder)
- Put some salt and black pepper on the chicken so that it has some flavor.
- Take the strips of bacon and wrap the each cube of chicken into a separate strip.
- To make sure the bacon doesn't roll of the chicken, stick a toothpick from one end to the other.
- Roll the kipspek in the breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the egg(s) and for every kipspek, drop it in the egg quickly and take it out.
- Roll the kipspek through the breadcrumbs once again.
- leave them for about half an hour.
- heat the oil in a frying pot.
- Fry the kipspeks until they're golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or mustard
Don't forget to remove the toothpick before taking a bite.