Khichdi is most popular dish of Gujarat state in India where many families prefer it as a dinner, everyday. Although it is popular in Gujarat, there do exist many variations of it across India.
This quantity is enough for two people.
- Rice 1 teacup
- Lentils 1 teacup (Moong dhal, Arhar dal or Masoor dal or combination thereof)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Wash rice and lentils and soak them for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Pressure cook with 3 to 4 cup of water.
- After first whistle reduce the heat and cook more for 4 to 5 minutes.