Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ kg prawns
- ¼ tablespoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ tea spoon coriander powder
- ¼ tablespoon chopped ginger
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Kudampuli (Malabar tamarind) to your preferred sourness (can be substituted with lime juice)
- 15 curry leaves
- 20 pieces chipped coconut kernel (thin slices approximately 2cm long each)
- 1 big green chillies
- ¼ big onion (not sweet)
- salt to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Remove the shrimp tails and heads.
- Cook the shrimp in water with ginger, salt, curry leaves, green chillies, kudampuli and coconut. Leave a little water in the vessel at the end of cooking.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the turmeric, chili powder and coriander powder in it till they turn brown.
- Put in the onion and sauté till wilted.
- Put in the cooked shrimp and simmer and stir till it reaches a semi-dry consistency.