Cookbook:Ji Abubo (Nigerian Yam and Vegetable Sauce)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Ji Abubo (Nigerian Yam and Vegetable Sauce)|
Ji abubo is a Nigerian dish of yam with vegetable sauce. It originates from the southeast of the country.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Rinse the pumpkin leaves and upaka. Tie them with strings.
- Place the yam pieces, pumpkin leaves, and upaka in a pot. Cover with water and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the vegetables, and leave the yam to cook until it is tender.
- Pound the habanero pepper in a mortar until smooth. Add the cooked ukpaka and pumpkin leaves, and pound until smooth. Mix in the palm oil until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Season the paste with salt and ogiri to taste, then blend with the pestle until smooth.
- Drain the cooked yam, and serve hot with the pounded sauce.