Cookbook:Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Jamaican Jerk Chicken|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp freshly-grated nutmeg
- ½ tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp dehydrated lemon peel
- 3 tbsp dark rum
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup brown mustard
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine rum and mustard, and rub all over chicken.
- Combine remaining ingredients and rub all over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but it is better to marinate overnight.
- Place chicken on a greased, preheated charcoal grill. Cook, turning constantly until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- The spices always included allspice because the berries of the pimento tree are the source of allspice.
- When cooking the meat, barbecue is by far the best technique—failing that, oven bake. Basting with beer is worth trying.
- Serve with rice and peas.
Warnings[edit | edit source]
- See the chili pepper warnings.