Jump to navigation Jump to search
Italian ice, also known as water ice, is a frozen dessert made from either concentrated syrup flavoring or fruit purees.
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. lemon juice
- In heavy, medium sized saucepan, stir together water, corn syrup and sugar.
- Heat to boiling over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool for 30 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Pour into 9 inch square baking pan.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze 3 to 4 hours, or until frozen but still soft in center.
- Spoon into blender container; cover. Blend on high speed until mixture becomes white and creamy.
- Turn back into 9 inch square pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze mixture about 3 hours or until firm.
- 1 pt strawberries, fresh, trimmed
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 ts lemon juice, fresh
- 2 c ice cubes (about 11)
- Put a 9 or 10-inch metal cake pan in the freezer. In a blender, blend the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice until the mixture is smooth and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the ice cubes, blend the mixture until it is smooth, and pour it into the cold pan. Freeze the mixture for 30 to 40 minutes, or until it is frozen around the edge, but still soft in the center.
- Stir the strawberry ice, mashing the frozen parts with a fork, and spoon it into 2 bowls.