Cookbook:Hummus (Leaven free)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ cup dried chick peas
- 1 med-large lemon – 5 tablespoons juice
- 4 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 4 large cloves garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Soak chick peas overnight
- Drain and rinse and place in saucepan just covered with water.
- Add chopped garlic and salt.
- Cook until tender – 30 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Mix chick peas in a blender with the oil, lemon juice and tahini paste until smooth.
Not for Askenazi Jews[edit | edit source]
Chickpeas, being legumes are not consumed by Ashkenazi Jews over Pesach. Look up kitniyot for more info