Cookbook:Hornickels' Glazed Onion Canapes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Hornickels' Glazed Onion Canapes|
Hornickels' Glazed Onion Canapes
This recipe is a slightly modified version of the onion canapés that I find very enjoyable. Notice that the recipe is for 8 canapés and may need to be doubled or tripled to meet needs.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 8-10 crackers
- Sour cream
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Prepare all ingredients by finely dicing the onion and melting half the butter in a small saucepan.
- Turn the burner up to gas mark 5 or medium heat. Add the diced onions into the saucepan.
- Slowly caramelize the onions, adding in the rest of the butter as needed to keep from burning.
- Once caramelized, add the brown sugar and the honey. Combine thoroughly until all the onions are glazed.
- Place onions attractively onto the crackers and finish with a small dollop of sour cream.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Keep an eye on the onions, they burn easily.
- All measurements are not exact, play around to see what you like.
- Makes 8-10 canapés.