Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- 4½ cups water
- 2 packs long grain rice (3–4 cups cooked)
- 3 cans black-eyed peas
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and diced (about ½ cup)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Brown bacon in large Dutch oven, remove, and reserve 2 tablespoons of grease in pan.
- Add onion, celery, and bell pepper, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add rice and seasoning packet, water, and black-eyed peas; cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add bacon and jalapeños, cover and heat 5–10 minutes more.