Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hlib T'mer (حليب التمر, Date Milk) is an Algerian drink from the Sahara.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 250ml of camel milk
- 7 Dates
- A little bit of sugar
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Before starting: your dates have to be plump and ripe.
- Take out the seeds inside the dates and check if there are any worms inside them.
- Boil the dates with water and sugar for a few minutes.
- When you feel they're well cooked, turn off the heat, blend your mixture and strain it as much as possible.
- Pour the result syrup into your cup of milk.
- ALTERNATIVELY, you could boil your dates directly into your milk on low heat until the colour of the milk changes to a nice brown-y shade then strain it.
Variations[edit | edit source]
- Any milk could be used for this drink as camel milk isn't easily available, either cow milk or soy milk could work out just fine.