Cookbook:Hickory BBQ Pork Loin
Jump to navigation Jump to search
||This recipe will generate sufficient carbon monoxide to poison you. Ensure the work space is safely ventilated.|
- 1 boneless pork loin roast
- Hickory chips
- 1 cup salt
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- 2 cups very hot apple cider vinegar
- 2 pounds ice
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp cracked black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- Combine all brine ingredients in a gallon-size zip-top bag. Add pork roast and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Remove pork from brine. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Combine rub ingredients. Massage into pork and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, place a roasting rack into a large roasting pan with a good amount of hickory chips in it. Insert a probe thermometer into the roast and bake at 200 degrees F until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- Move to a plate and let rest uncovered 5 minutes. Serve thick sliced.