Cookbook:Grilled Sirloin Steak
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Top sirloin is a great beef bargain. It's juicy and flavorful when cooked properly.
- 1 top sirloin steak (also known as:top butt, center cut sirloin, hip steak)
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs unsalted butter, room temperature
- Brush steak with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place steak on a high grill. Cook 1 minute, then twist 90 degrees and cook for another 1 minute. Flip and repeat 1 more time.
- Move to medium heat and cook, turning often, until desired "doneness" is achieved.
- Remove to a plate and top with butter. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice thinly across the grain on a bias. Serve warm.