Cookbook:Grilled Cornish Hens
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 spatchcocked Cornish/Rock Game Hens
- Bacon fat, melted
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine all seasonings.
- Brush hens with bacon fat. Massage seasoning mixture into hens. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a charcoal grill using a chimney.
- Place hens on the grill. Grill them, turning constantly, until internal temperature of both the thigh and breast reach 165°F.
- Remove hens from grill and let rest 10 minutes. Serve.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Do not use a solvent with the charcoal grill. It gives the food a chemical taste even if you follow the directions.