Cookbook:Grilled Cornish Hens
- 2 spatchcocked Cornish/Rock Game Hens
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Bacon fat
- Combine seasonings. Brush hens with bacon fat. (if you were using already set up fat, might want to melt it.) Massage seasoning mixture into hens. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a charcoal grill using a chimney. (no solvent-it gives the food a chemical taste even if you follow the directions) Grill hens, turning constantly, until internal temperature of both the thigh and breast reach 165°. Remove and let rest 10 minutes. Serve.