Cookbook:Grilled Chicken & Arugula Salad
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This salad consists of savory grilled chicken and spicy arugula dressed with a citrus vinaigrette.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups tightly packed arugula lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the chicken
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Shaved Parmeggiano-Reggiano cheese (shaved not grated)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Brush both sides of chicken with extra-virgin olive oil. Season both sides liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill over a preheated charcoal grill, turning often, until internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Move to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest 10 minutes before shredding with two forks.
- Whisk together mustard and lemon juice. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season, if desired, with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss chicken with lettuce and dressing. Top with shaved Parmeggianno-Reggiano cheese and serve chilled.