(Redirected from Cookbook:Grandma's Old Fashioned Hot Cocoa)
- 4–5 tablespoons malted chocolate mix or Ovaltine (Ovomaltine), or dry malt extract
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 cups (236 mL) hot water
- Mix the Ovaltine and cocoa powder together.
- Pound with a spoon until very fine, this will help eliminate the time of stirring.
- Shake the Ovaltine and drinking powder for 10 seconds. This is called an instant hot chocolate mix.
- Pour the mix into the water. Stir well. Top with whipped cream if desired and serve, sprinkled with cinnamon or chocolate powder, if desired.
For a sweeter taste:
- 1 tbs. of Hershey's Chocolate Mix
- Add to the hot water, stir before adding the mix. (Thick version)
- Available from brewing supply stores or on-line.