Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 2 cups dark molasses
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- a little allspice
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 lb dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp ground ginger (or several times more for spicier ginger flavor)
- a little black pepper
- 10–12 cups flour
Makes 500 cookies
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Soften butter and put in a large bowl; add molasses, sugar, and spices; mix.
- Add flour, mixing in one cup at a time up to 10 cups, working first with a fork, then by hand. Add another cup or two of flour until the dough holds together.
- Let cool.
- Preheat oven to .
- Roll as thin as possible and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake for 7 minutes per batch. Let cool on a rack.