Cookbook:Gin Fried Rice
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gin adds a spectacular finish to plain fried rice. Prepare this tableside next time you have guests and they will be amazed.
- 5 cups day-old cooked white rice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs, cooked, scrambled, and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup gin
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp plus 3/4 tsp red pepper flake
- A fire extinguisher (just in case)
- A long match or a firestick
- Melt butter in a large straight-sided sauté pan. Add all ingredients except gin (of course not the fire extinguisher and match/firestick).
- Cook until all ingredients are heated through. Add gin and carefully ignite off of the heat. Place pan back on heat and cook until you don't smell alcohol any more. Serve warm.