Jump to navigation Jump to search
Geisha soup is a Nigerian soup prepared from chicken breast.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Groundnut oil
- Onions, chopped
- Garlic, minced
- Carrots, peeled and chopped
- Potatoes, cubed and rinsed
- Chicken breast, pounded
- Salt to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat a small amount of groundnut oil in a pot. Add the chopped onion, garlic, and carrots. Fry until the vegetables are softened, then remove from the heat.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water.
- Place the fried vegetables and some of the boiled potatoes on top of the flattened chicken breast. Roll up the chicken to enclose the vegetables, and pierce at the edges with toothpicks to seal.
- Add the rolled chicken breast to the pot containing the rest of the boiled potatoes, and cook for a few minutes.