Cookbook:Garlic Pork Chops with Black Mushrooms
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Garlic Pork Chops with Black Mushrooms|
Pan fried pork chops are topped with a spicy, mushroom, and garlic sauce to make an elegant Asian inspired dish.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup pork broth
- 1 ounce dried black chanterelle mushrooms
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon hot-pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 boneless pork chops, ½-inch thick
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the dried mushrooms, and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the pork chops, and brown for about 2 minutes on each side. Add the garlic and ginger; cook and stir until fragrant. Stir in the soy sauce mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan using a slotted spoon, and slice into thin strips. Stir the mushrooms and chicken broth into the pan with the pork chops, and simmer uncovered over low heat until the sauce has reduced by about ⅓, and the pork chops are cooked through.
- To serve, place pork chops onto serving plates, and spoon mushroom sauce over them.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- When doubling recipe, don't double vinegar or red pepper flakes - use ⅛ more of each.
- When combining vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and red pepper flakes, let it macerate for 5 minutes, then check for balance/taste.
- Pre-brine pork (soak overnight in a salt solution).
- Add baby bok choy (bok choy sum) or replace the mushrooms with the baby bok choy.