Cookbook:Garlic Mayonnaise made with Bread and Fish Stock (Rouille)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rouille is a traditional Provençal spicy garlic mayonnaise. It is usually served with bouillabaisse fish stew.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Baguette bread
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- Saffron or annatto (for color)
- 6 Tbsp fish stock
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Blend the bread, fish stock, and egg yolk together into a paste.
- Crush the garlic and saffron or annatto, and add to the paste.
- Gradually incorporate the olive oil—add the oil with one hand while whisking with the other, as when preparing any other mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.