Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Category||Salad Dressing recipes|
|Servings||6 (1/4 cup each)|
French Dressing is a salad dressing commonly used with green salads. It can also be used as a sandwich spread, or many other uses. A commercial version is also called "Catalina Dressing".
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Makes about 1 1/2 cups of dressing.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. The goal is to have a red / orange smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl and chill covered in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to use.
Notes, tips and variations
- Instead of using the blender, whisk the ingredients in a bowl.
- Keep refrigerated