Cookbook:Falafel Seitan Bratwurst
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
The Falafel Seitan Bratwurst tastes better than falafel and better than seitan bratwurst and way better than traditional bratwurst made of meat.
- gluten flour, spiced falafel mix (the chickpea variant, not the fava bean variant)
- water, soy sauce, vegetable oil
- optional: chili powder
- Mix gluten flour and falafel mix in shares of 30:70.
- Take 25% (volume) more water than falafel-gluten mixture.
- Mix water with vegetable oil and soy sauce.
- Form a dough from the dry mixture and the liquid mixture.
- Roll the dough into sausages and fry them in a pan, preferably an oiled non-stick pan.
- If the dough is too runny you can form round sausages by squeezing from both sides with two spatulas and frying the sausages on four sides. When you turn the sausages on the side you may also have to squeeze from above to give them an approximately round profile.