Cookbook:Exotic Peach Chutney
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is great served with pork chops or curry.
- 6 1/2 pound peaches
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon asofoetida
- 2 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 hot banana pepper seeded chopped
- 2 teaspoon garam masala (curry blend)
- 2 green peppers finely chopped
- Blanch, peel and pit peaches. Coarsely chop peaches and combine with lemon juice in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Stir in sugar.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, until the peaches are tender, for about 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Boil over medium-high heat for about 45 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently.
- Ladle chutney into six hot, sterilized, pint (2 cup) preserving jars, leaving 1/2 headspace. Wipe rims clean. Seal according to manufacturer's directions.
- Process for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath. Allow chutney to mature for at least one month before using.