Cookbook:Estofado de Pollo (Chicken Stew)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Estofado de pollo)
|Estofado de Pollo (Chicken Stew)|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces (breast cut into 4 pieces)
- 3 large carrots, cut into thirds and sliced lengthwise
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large potatoes, cut into 4 pieces each
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium Roma tomato, chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup oil
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 quart (1 liter) water
- 2 chicken boullion cubes
- 1 yellow chile pepper (aji amarillo), seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In large Dutch oven, heat the oil and sauté onion and garlic. Once onion begins to soften, add chopped tomato and chicken pieces. Slightly brown the chicken pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Once chicken has lightly browned, add the water, bouillon cubes and wine. Cover and allow chicken to simmer over medium-low heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, and peas. Taste broth, as more cumin or salt and pepper may be needed.
- Add just enough water to simmer vegetables if needed. Once vegetables are done, remove from heat and allow to sit uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Serve with white, steamed rice.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Red jalapeño may be substituted for the yellow chile.