Cookbook:English Field Bean Pate
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ lb (250g) English beans (or tic beans, daffa beans, brown Dutch beans or foul medames)
- approx. ¼ pint (150ml) olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tsp strong-flavoured herb e.g. thyme, sage or rosemary
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Soak the beans in water overnight.
- Boil them in plenty of unsalted water for 1 hour, until they are soft. Mash them with a fork, pound them in a pestle and mortar, or press them through a sieve or food mill.
- Add the olive oil, the finely chopped herbs and garlic and the seasoning. If the puree is too stiff add some lemon juice, water or more oil.
- Chill and serve with toast.