Cookbook:Egg with Cabbage and Turkish Sausage
|Egg with Cabbage and Turkish Sausage|
|Time||prep: 10 minutes|
cooking: 15 mins
Eggs cooked with Turkish sausage (called sucuk) and spicy cabbage, can be served on its own or with rice. If the red pepper paste is already salted, there is no need for additional salt, but this can be adjusted according to need and the ingredients used.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1–2 cups chopped cabbage
- 2–3 eggs
- 1 tbsp red pepper paste (like Korean gochujang or similar)
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- Around ⅛–¼ cup water
- 1 large tbsp peanut butter (organic peanut butter without added hydrogenated oils recommended)
- 8–10 slices of sucuk (Turkish sausage)
- Tabasco (optional)
- Finely-chopped parsley or cilantro (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized pot with lid.
- Add sliced sucuk and quickly brown.
- Mix in chopped cabbage and red pepper paste.
- Mix in the water and peanut butter.
- Cover lid and cook for around 5–10 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the cabbage.
- Crack 2–3 eggs into the pot. Cover, and cook until the eggs are done.
- Serve with rice or meat. If desired, garnish with a little tabasco and/or finely-chopped herbs.