Cookbook:Easy Wedding Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Easy Wedding Soup|
|Energy||80 kcal/335 kJ|
Easy Wedding Soup is a simple variation on Italian Wedding Soup that requires only four ingredients and water.
- 6 cups chicken broth (from bouillon cubes is fine)
- 2 cups water
- 1 10 oz packet frozen spinach
- 12 oz spicy chicken sausage (pre-cooked)
- 3 tbsp acini di pepe (pastina, little bead-like pasta)
- Bring broth and water to boil in 4 quart saucepan.
- Add frozen spinach.
- Cut sausage into small pieces.
- Add sausage and acini di pepe
- Bring back to boil and allow to boil for 10 minutes.
Notes, Tips, and Variations
- Calorie content may vary depending on the specific ingredients you use; 80 kcal is reasonable.
- The spicy sausage will impart more subtle flavor to the soup, making further spicing unnecessary. Using different types of sausage will vastly change the character of the soup.
- This recipe may require salt if you use home made chicken stock. Bouillon cubes tend to be heavily salted already.