Cookbook:Dublin Lamb Stew
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 lb lamb steaks (bone in), cubed
- 1 tbsp Dill Salt or Herbs de Provence
- 2 lb potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 lb carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 4 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan brown meat over medium heat.
- Remove lamb and add oil,
- Over high heat saute peppers, mushrooms, carrots, celery, and onion.
- Add the sauted vegetables, beef broth, lamb, potatoes and Herbs de Provence or Dill Salt to a soup or crock pot.
- Cover, and cook 30 minutes on medium high, stirring occasionally.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve hot with Irish Oat Scones or Soda Bread.