Cookbook:Dublin Lamb Stew
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dublin Lamb Stew|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 lb lamb steaks (bone in), cubed
- 1 tbsp dill salt or herbes de Provence
- 2 lb potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 ½ lb carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a large saucepan, brown meat over medium heat.
- Remove lamb and add oil over high heat. Sauté peppers, mushrooms, carrots, celery, and onion.
- Add the sautéed vegetables, beef broth, lamb, potatoes, and dill salt to a soup pot.
- Cover, and cook 30 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1.5–2 hours.
- Serve hot with Irish oat scones or soda bread.