Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1½ pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked well done and crumbled
- 4 ounce (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 6 split hamburger buns
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix beef, garlic salt, onion, and pepper thoroughly in a bowl.
- Shape hamburger mixture into 6 patties, about ¾-inch thick.
- Mix bacon, cheese, mayonnaise, and mushrooms together and store in the refrigerator or cooler.
- Cook burgers on the grill, covered, for 5 or 7 minutes on each side.
- During the last 3 minutes, put ¼ cup cheese mixture on top of each burger.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Serve on buns, if desired.
- And of course, garnish with lettuce and tomato slices.
- Have available the usual: ketchup, mustard, and pickle relish.