Cookbook:Curry Chicken I
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Curry Chicken)
|Curry Chicken I|
This curry chicken dish isn't very spicy unless you make it that way. In fact, change the ingredients to suit your own taste and it will probably taste better. Instead of coconut cream or milk you can use heavy cream.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red pepper powder
- 150 ml yoghurt
- 20 coriander leaves
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 2–3 green chilies
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil or sunflower oil
- 3 cashews, ground
- 1 tsp curry powder (or to taste)
- 100 ml coconut milk or cream (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Cut the chicken into 5–7 cm pieces and slice them at edges with a knife.
- Combine garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp garam masala, red pepper powder, yoghurt, coriander leaves, and ground black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces, and marinate for 8 hours in refrigerator.
Cooking[edit | edit source]
- In a large pot, fry onion rings, green chilies, and tomato in olive or sunflower oil over low heat until onions are light yellow.
- Stir in remaining 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp red chili powder, and ground cashews.
- Add chicken pieces, and fry them for about 5 minutes while gently stirring.
- Add the marinade and water until all chicken pieces are submerged. Add coconut milk if desired.
- Allow the dish to cook over low to medium heat for 30–45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and wait for a few minutes until the chicken pieces are tender and have absorbed the sauce.
- Serve with rice (Basmati variety works well).