Jump to navigation Jump to search
Curry Chicken – This dish isn't very spicy unless you make it that way. In fact, change the ingredients to suit your own taste and it will probably taste better. Instead of coconut cream or milk you can use thickening cream.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 whole cooked chicken
- 1 tsp. curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 tin coconut milk or cream
- 2 onions
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil or sunflower oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 20 coriander leaves
- 150 mL yoghurt
- 3 cashews
- 1 tsp. red pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 or 3 green chilies
- 1 tomato
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Chop garlic and place in a large bowl
- Add 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. red chili powder, 1 tsp. garam masala, and 1 tsp. red pepper powder, yoghurt, chopped garlic, coriander leaves, and ground black pepper to the bowl.
- Cut a full chicken into 5-7 cm pieces and slice them at edges with a knife.
- Submerge chicken pieces in the solution and marinate for 8 hours in refrigerator.
- Cut onions into large rings and set aside.
- Finely chop tomato and set aside.
- Grind cashews and set aside.
Cooking[edit | edit source]
- In a large pot, fry onion rings, green chilies, chopped tomato, and in olive or sunflower oil over low heat until onions are light yellow. Stir in 1 tsp. garam masala, 1 tsp. red chili powder, and ground cashews.
- Add chicken pieces to and fry them for about 5 minutes while gently stirring them.
- Add the marinade and water until all chicken pieces are submerged. Add 100 mL coconut milk if desired.
- Allow the dish to cook over low to medium heat for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and wait for a few minutes until the chicken pieces are tender and have absorbed the solution.
- When serving, use a small onion and sprinkle some juice over chicken.
- Serve with rice (Basmati variety works well).