Cookbook:Crock Pot Potato Soup
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Crock Pot Potato Soup|
- 5 medium potatoes, diced
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 to 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 (13-ounce) can evaporated milk
- In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, onions, water, parsley, celery, salt, pepper, chicken broth and butter.
- Cook until done -- on low heat, 10 to 12 hours, or on high heat, 3 to 4 hours.
- When done, add milk and reheat.
- Serve plain or put mixture in blender for a smoother soup.
- Reheat if necessary.