Cookbook:Crock Pot Beef Stew
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Crock Pot Beef Stew|
|Time||20 minutes preparation
12 hours cooking
We called this recipe Sticky Stew and had it frequently when we bought our first crock pot.
- 2 pounds (900g) stew beef, cut into 1 inch (2.5cm) cubes This can be the cheapest beef in the market, it will get tender in the pot!
- 5 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 large can tomatoes
- ½ cup quick cooking tapioca
- 1 whole clove or ½ tsp. ground clove
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim all fat from meat.
- Put all ingredients in crockpot; mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on low 12 hours or on high 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.