Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
- 4 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups crumbled cornbread, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- Scoop out column of seeds in zucchini halves using a teaspoon or a grapefruit spoon. Set aside.
- Combine 1 cup cornbread with salt, pepper, egg yolks, and cream cheese. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks with cream of tartar. Stir in 1/4 of the egg whites.
- Gently fold in remaining egg whites. Place enough mixture to fill the column in the zucchini.
- Combine remaining cornbread and Monterrey Jack cheese. Sprinkle over top of each zucchini half.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven 30-35 minutes or until browned and bubbly on top. Serve warm.