This is a great salad, suitable for right before dinner!
- 3 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 medium to large tomato, or 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (cherry tomatoes are spherical or nearly so; grape tomatoes are ellipsoid)
- 1 cup Chatham Village cheese-and-garlic croutons, broken into small pieces, or 1 cup Rothbury Farms cheese-and-garlic croutons
- 1 cup crumbled extra-sharp Cheddar cheese (preferably aged at least 1 year)
- Honey Dijon salad dressing
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Tear the lettuce into small pieces, and place it in a medium-sized bowl.
- Slice the tomato into small pieces and let them fall into the bowl. If using cherry or grape tomatoes, sprinkle them over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the crumbled cheese and croutons (and raisins, if desired) over the salad.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad.