Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Bread
Cinnamon croûtons are a sweet variation on the classic salad croûton, which can be used to enhance a fruit salad. Alternately, these croûtons make a good addition to pumpkin, sweet potato, or carrot soups.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 slices day-old French bread, cubed
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (~180°C).
- Heat the walnut oil in a frying pan. Add the bread cubes, then fry them, tossing to coat with oil.
- Spread the bread cubes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 8 minutes or until crispy and dry.
- Allow to cool well before handling, as the sugar will make these croûtons easier to brown, and thus hotter to handle initially.