|Time||Prep: 45 minutes|
Chilling: Several hours
Baking: 10 to 12 minutes
These chocolate crinkles are easy to make, but do require chilling the dough for several hours before forming into cookies and baking. They have a strong chocolate taste and a dramatic black and white appearance. One recipe makes 3 to 4 dozen cookies.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 squares (4 oz / 115 g) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups (480 ml) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (480 ml) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) confectioners' sugar
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix oil, chocolate, and granulated sugar.
- Blend in one egg at a time until well mixed. Add vanilla.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt into chocolate mixture.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into confectioners' sugar.
- Roll in sugar; shape into balls.
- Place about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Visual procedure[edit | edit source]
Melting chocolate in double boiler
Mixing in sugar
Mixing in eggs
Mixing in vanilla
Adding dry ingredients
Mixing in dry
Prep for forming cookies
Rolling cookies in powdered sugar
Placing cookies on baking sheet