Cookbook:Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan)|
|Time||10-11 minutes or until brown.|
- ½ cup non-dairy shortening
- ½ cup non-dairy margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ a banana
- 8-12 oz. vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tsp (5ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- 2 cups flour (whole wheat pastry flour recommended but all-purpose white also works)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cream shortening, margarine, and sugar together in a mixer.
- Add banana to the sugar and butter mixture.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Slowly add to the wet mixture.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Roll small portions into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-11 minutes, or until slightly browned.
Yields about three dozen.
Notes, Tips, and Variations
- Nuts and/or dried fruit can be substituted for the chocolate chips to yield cookies of many delicious varieties.