Cookbook:Chips Cheese and Gravy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chips Cheese and Gravy|
Chips with cheese and gravy is a popular fast food in the Isle of Man and is a common menu in many takeaway restaurants.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 200 g oven chips (french fries)
- Vegetable oil
- 300 g grated packed cheddar cheese
- 200 g butter
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 4 cans of beef broth
- 10 g black pepper
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and spread the chips onto an oiled baking tray.
- Bake the chips for around 15–20 minutes until they are slightly golden.
- After about 5 minutes add grated cheese on top of the chips and continue cooking.
- In a small saucepan melt in the butter and flour and mix continuously.
- Cook on a low heat and slowly add the beef broth and black pepper. Stir continually.
- When the chips are ready, divide between plates and add the gravy as desired.