Cookbook:Chips Cheese and Gravy
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Chips Cheese and Gravy|
Chips, cheese and gravy is a popular fast food in the Isle of Man and is a common menu in many takeaway restaurants.
- 200g oven chips
- vegetable oil
- 300g grated packed cheddar cheese
- 200g butter
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 4 cans of beef broth
- 10g black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C and spread the chips onto an oiled baking tray.
- Cook the chips for around 15-20 minutes until they are slightly golden.
- After about 5 minutes add grated cheese on top of the chips and continue cooking
- In a small saucepan melt in the butter and flour and mix continuously
- Cook on a low heat and slowly add the beef broth and black pepper. Stir continually.
- When the chips are ready separate onto plates and add the gravy as desired.