From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Chipotles in the patties add a smoky heat, while more chipotles in the mayo add even more great chipotle flavor.
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4-5 chipotles, finely diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 16 mini potato buns, halved
- 16 slices of your favorite cheese
- Line 2 large sheet pans with parchment paper. Put 1 pound meat on top of each and place a sheet of plastic wrap on top of that. Roll out until meat fills pans.
- Fold each sheet of meat in half and trim edges and push into meat if required. Cut each sheet into 8 equal patties. Combine seasonings except for diced chipotles. Sprinkle patties with seasoning mixture.
- Heat a griddle to 350°. Cook patties in the griddle 2 minutes per side, adding 1 slice of cheese on top at last minute.
- Meanwhile, toast buns. Combine mayonnaise and diced chipotles. Spread mayonnaise mixture on each bun.
- Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun. Top with upper half and serve warm.