Cookbook:Chicken with Orange, Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chicken with Orange, Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes|
|Time||prep 5 min, cooking 20 min|
A simple recipe that combines vegetable and fruit with chicken. The recipe utilizes baking in foil, which is a great low-fat cooking method that produces wonderfully tender and juicy chicken.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 tbsp minced fresh dill
- 4 tsp grated orange peel
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- ¾ tsp salt
- 4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 cups firmly packed torn fresh spinach leaves (about 8 ounces)
Equipment and supplies[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place large baking sheet in oven to heat.
- Mix dill, orange peel, garlic and salt in medium bowl. Season with pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, oil and 1 teaspoon dill mixture in small bowl.
- Add chicken to remaining dill mixture in medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Cut 4 sheets of foil each about 20 inches long.
- Arrange 1 cup spinach on 1 sheet of foil.
- Place a quarter of the sliced chicken mixture atop spinach.
- Spoon a quarter of the tomato mixture atop chicken.
- Fold foil over, enclosing contents completely and crimping edges tightly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining 3 foil sheets, forming 4 packets total.
- Arrange foil packets in single layer on heated baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to plates; let stand 5 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Serve with rice.