Cookbook:Chicken Soup with Cream and Lemon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chicken Soup with Cream and Lemon|
Cream and a little lemon juice and zest help kick up the flavor of ordinary chicken soup!
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ large carrot, finely diced
- 3 bay leaves
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add garlic, onion, celery, carrot, and a pinch of salt, and cook until onion is translucent. Avoid browning if you wish to keep the soup lighter in color.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove herbs (if you wish) and check for taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.