Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 lb (450 g) potatoes
- 2 oz (60 g) scallions, spring onions or green onions
- ¼ pint (1/2 cup) milk
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- Peel and boil potatoes in water until done.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add the chopped scallions and cook vigorously.
- When cooked, sieve the scallions and set the milk aside.
- Add the scallions to the potatoes and mix well.
- Add as much of the scallion or green onion infused milk as possible to make a ‘wet’ soft mixture.
- Season with freshly ground pepper (and salt if desired)
- Serve the Champ with a central well filled with melted butter.