Cookbook:Cazuela Gallega (Egg, Ham, and Cheese Casserole)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cazuela Gallega (Egg, Ham, and Cheese Casserole)|
Cazuela Gallega is a delicious egg, ham and cheese casserole, good for breakfast or dinner.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of ham
- 2 tablespoons of petit pois (canned peas)
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ½ cup of ground Parmesan cheese
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place 3 sheets of aluminum foil (approx 15 x 15 inches or 35 x 35 cm) into a bowl with a 5-inch (12 cm) diameter and 2-inch depth. Press gently the foil downwards in order to give it the shape of the bowl.
- Spread the butter all over inside walls of the aluminum-shaped bowl.
- Place one slice of ham in the bottom of the bowl. Cut the additional slice in three strips. With each strip, cover inside walls of aluminum bowl.
- Add both eggs to the bowl.
- Add the peas, spreading them all over the eggs. Be careful with the yolks—don't break them. Add 1 teaspoon of the liquid from the can.
- Add a pinch of salt, and the ketchup, trying to cover all the area.
- Carefully remove foil with the casserole from the bowl. Top with the cheese and bake 30 minutes in a preheated 400°F (205C) oven.